The Community Action Agency Foundation supports the programs and services of the Miami-Dade County Community Action and Human Services Department (CAHSD):
- Head Start/Early Head Start: Early learning and supportive services for children under the age of 5 and their families.
- Family and Community Services: Crisis intervention, employment preparation for low-income individuals, youth and farmworkers, financial assistance to help cover emergency housing and utility costs, community involvement and volunteerism and various commodities to help meet basic needs.
- Elderly and Disability Services: Various support services for seniors and adults with disabilities including meals, social activities, home care, volunteer opportunities and independent living services.
- Violence Prevention and Intervention: Wrap-around residential and non-residential services for individuals and families fleeing domestic violence.
- Rehabilitative Services: Residential and out-patient comprehensive care for individuals affected by substance use and other behavioral health disorders.
- Energy, Facilities and Transportation Services: Home improvement services, such as beautification, home rehabilitation, Weatherization and the installation of hurricane shutters for low-to-moderate income homeowners.
In addition to the areas listed above, we also support special events, such as holiday food distributions and toy drives, and college scholarships for underprivileged youth.